Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
BS 5839-1 2017
I’m sure more will be added sign up for the training email to get up to date info on when courses get put up
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
Will

Sorry to dig this up after a while but I am doing a detector selection for a system now and I have to say its a bit of a time consumer. You wont have much of a detailed spreadsheet if using EMS for example as there is only 3 choices of point AFD , OPT , A1R and CS.

Going by the example fire risks - is there a more detailed one ? In this particular site there are lobbies with not much in them etc so would I select other option in Fire risk and put no risk?

Also not being qualified in FRA - is it okay for me to judge what is and isn't a fire risk?
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
(22-01-2018, 02:42 PM)Graeme Wrote: Will

Sorry to dig this up after a while but I am doing a detector selection for a system now and I have to say its a bit of a time consumer. You wont have much of a detailed spreadsheet if using EMS for example as there is only 3 choices of point AFD , OPT , A1R and CS.

That's fine copy and paste the whole thing if most of it is the same

(22-01-2018, 02:42 PM)Graeme Wrote: Going by the example fire risks - is there a more detailed one ? In this particular site there are lobbies with not much in them etc so would I select other option in Fire risk and put no risk?

Also not being qualified in FRA - is it okay for me to judge what is and isn't a fire risk?

I've always said that fire risk is the wrong term but got out voted

its type of products of the fire that you are looking for
so in lobbies i would put visible smoke as your putting a optical in (just a guess)
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

Cheers Will
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
Found a type and just wondering if anyone else has noticed?

Or is it referring to a dolls house

Figure 4 — Sound pressure levels [see 16.2.1a)] NOTE 1 on key
yes the committee is aware of this and it was the fault of BSi as its ok in the 2013 version and they messed up the figure not us
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

i was in a pedantic mood this morning :)