Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone seen one of these?
cheers guys !

designguru, yes that definitely helps and points me in the right direction - was sent this tonight so i think you are right
i spoke with the caretaker onsite this evening who sent this picture and who said that the last firms test procedure was as follows

smoke / heat the detector, check that the engine shutdown and confirm that the remote link to head office worked?

He said they were having a problem with false alarms and the previous company didnt seem able to solve it

[Image: 20170912_144702.jpg]
Hi Leolion2177,

It's Simenes DT110xA conventional heat detector- x stands for the models 1 and 2 with different temperature class. Depending on the model you can testing with temperature over +50 °C or +70 °C.

In case of a problem with a device, you can replace it with almost every conventional heat detector. Personally, I would suggest Argus Vega Aurora series because it has an option to change alarm resistor.
(13-09-2017, 10:53 PM)Leolion2177 Wrote: cheers guys !

designguru, yes that definitely helps and points me in the right direction - was sent this tonight so i think you are right
i spoke with the caretaker onsite this evening who sent this picture and who said that the last firms test procedure was as follows

smoke / heat the detector, check that the engine shutdown and confirm that the remote link to head office worked?

He said they were having a problem with false alarms and the previous company didnt seem able to solve it

[Image: 20170912_144702.jpg]

They stopped the false alarms .......by half unplugging it Wink2
I would just replace it with a new one matey
Gent 24 Integrator, Edwards EST 3 Strategic Partner, Siemens Technology Partner
(13-09-2017, 09:30 PM)designguru Wrote: That is definetly a Siemens Algorex Head, they are obsolete now so you cannot purchase them, they should be connected to a Siemens Panel however you can connect them to Siemens PCS7 Control Systems (used for power stations and like for safety management)

If you need to replace it then your only options will be to change it for a Sinteso Head (Siemens Direct - be prepared to pay £££££) or a Cerberus Pro Head( Siemens Technology Partner - i am not sure if they will work so would need to investigate)

You can test them as normal but they cannot be conventional as Algorex only came as addressable

Hope this helps

Just reading back on old post's and see this.  
Siemens can supply Sinteso heads that fit onto the Algorex loops and will run along side the old devices.  The new heads can either be fitted on an A+ line with a Sinteso base or using the old Algorex base using a converter base.  Interactive devices are fitted using a converter base.   All the devices are multi sensors so that is what probably makes them more expensive.