Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Taktis
Kentec freebies were decent - it's all I go for : )
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
(06-10-2017, 10:12 PM)Royce44 Wrote: What are these skittles you talk of? :-( 

I'll let the marketing team know that they were the highlight haha

(07-10-2017, 01:15 PM)Graeme Wrote: Kentec freebies were decent - it's all I go for : )

I can confirm that Kentec won in the who had the best freebies at FIM expo

I liked the skittles
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
One for Royce -
Is Taktis fully functional yet?
I need to install three networked 2 loop panels in 3 weeks and have still not heard back about training on Taktis. We registered for training late last year.
We use Kentec for nearly all installs and love them, however there is a gap in the lineup at the moment, I need a panel with more than 16 zones and good standby times. Much as I like the AS, its not suitable.
We quoted the job based on the big Syncro but it now looks like we will have to use a different manufacturer?
Any thoughts?
Had a play about with one for the 1st time yesterday and wasn't impressed.

I'm sure it will be a good panel with some good features, but not quite there yet
Afraid I no longer work there. I'm back on the tools now.

My new firm are looking to upgrade an 18 panel network to Taktis and have asked for my input.

I spoke to the guys the other day about another issue and didn't tell me much had changed since I left
That is a shame Royce, was good to have had the feedback and opportunity to genuinely discuss the issues with the Panels.

I hope you are all good wherever you may be.

Bill
(09-02-2018, 09:58 AM)Royce44 Wrote: Afraid I no longer work there. I'm back on the tools now.

My new firm are looking to upgrade an 18 panel network to Taktis and have asked for my input.

I spoke to the guys the other day about another issue and didn't tell me much had changed since I left
Shame because it looks nice-ish, maybe it looks better in person lol. We have an 8 loop synchro that’s going to be binned for a taktis but if it’s not any use then it’s gonna be an MxPro5
*Hits call point*... "we are on test aren't we?"... Whoops 
I saw the Taktis in its demo form back in 2014 when i did the Syncro training (for the 3rd time....). It looked like it had potential to be a great product but had a lot of issues like you would expect on a demo system. Its really disappointing, especially from a manufacturer like Kentec that it is still filled with flaws. I think they have shot themselves in the foot now that the big Syncro is obsolete so really they do not offer a reliable system over 2 loops!
I have one here now. Having jumped through all 12 of the hoops they placed in the way first, we were allowed to order one as a Technical Department sample/training/demo rig, but knowing the other room they`ll sell it to someone before too long and expect me to have trained myself further enough to go and commission it.

Pretty looking. Lots of inputs and outputs. Quite responsive screen. Plenty of room inside, at least as a two loop test rig, though I can see it getting quite congested if all loops, relays, alarm lines and other IO bits are in use.

Operation-wise, I havn`t had much time to play with it yet, but from early footering around, it`s nice but got a bit of "character" here and there. Text on the screen relaying activated fire device info is still too small and could be made much larger/clearer. I don`t know why it must have a 6 digit user code, but can have 5 or 6 digit engineer code. Managed to get it stuck with the on-board buzzer isolated and could not re-enable it without a re-boot.

Auto-learn is still annoying. There is now the option to just learn one loop rather than the whole panel, but it stil defaults all text, zoning and other settings on that loop. And it still seems to take the user interface away while the loops are initialising so you can`t see what`s going on if there`s bother with the wiring or one of the devices slowing or preventing initialisation like I had on a Syncro AS yesterday.

Several promised features that are not yet ready, not least networking capability with existing Syncro panels, and I can`t work out how to switch loop protocol from Hochiki (as supplied) to Apollo, as one of the overly long training modules suggested you could. Diagnistic-wise, the event log is better than the Syncro, but it couldn`t be much worse - at least it`s accessible in the user level and everything is in the right order. Doesn`t seen to have Advel-like deeper logging capability, nor functional testing of outputs/lighting detector LEDs to identify lost or un-marked loop devices.

Need to spend a heck of a lot more time messing about with C&E and more advanced setup, not even gone near it with LE2 yet, just punched everything in front-end for now to get it running. There are a lot of settings to play with, but why *does* there need to be *four* ways to add a new control panel to a LE2 configuration program? Seems unnecessary to me.

TL;DR? As others have said, lots of potential, but needs plenty of work until it`s ready for the big time.
[Image: signaturebanner20161129.jpg]
Yeah I did tell them to get someone to take over but I volunteered to post on here. They never seemed that bothered about my posts on here which is a shame as you guys are by far the best to get feedback from.

Changing the protocol of the loop boards is done through LE2, you can't change it through the menus as you would expect.

I tested a beta firmware which does operate outputs/Less so that is coming eventually.