Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BS5306-3:2017 Extinguisher Servicing
#11
We have technical reasons for proposing 2 x P50s on each fire point, so I accept our coverage will be excessive BS wise. 

The plan is CO2 only at HV areas, which there are many. DP is not an option.

Its  interesting that previous customers change the lot. I do not think we have a choice when you think of the training complications,

If it happens, it will be in the new financial year. We will need around 400 P50s for the first building and a huge brave leap of faith from our H&S board who need to ratify the change(They are not known for their bravery, so I reckon its 50/50 at best)
Reply
#12
I still don't see why you are bothering with P50 if you are still going to have to pay for annual servicing of CO2, it will reduce costs a bit I suppose, especially if you are only paying the bottom rate for the P50's (i.e. not three figures a unit!) but complicates management a bit!
Anthony Buck
Fire Safety Technical Lead @ BAFE SP205 accredited company
Extinguisher specialist

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65...415&ref=ts
http://www.youtube.com/user/contactacb
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/anthony-buck/22/957/36b
Reply
#13
After the changes, a service engineer will only be servicing a handful of CO2 units across plant and HV areas covering a small proportion of the building - around 15% of the total area, whilst in house maintenance guys will service the P50s across the remaining 85% of the building.

Huge savings ££££££
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old minimax extinguisher (1932) firemonkey 5 1,816 22-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Last Post: AnthonyB
  Extinguisher maintenance contract template? Danno 1 924 09-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Tilly
  Servicing Required in Scotland Triple_Star_Fire 1 1,225 29-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bob1
  Servicing Required in Scotland Triple_Star_Fire 0 727 29-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Triple_Star_Fire
  Free fire extinguisher servicing Will1989 9 3,397 14-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Tilly
  Fire extinguisher servicing Bristol Leolion2177 0 1,428 27-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Leolion2177
  Fire Extinguisher Service Van Kitout Leolion2177 5 3,101 11-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jmeservices
  Urgent - Anyone cover Falkirk for extinguisher servicing Leolion2177 2 2,348 07-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Leolion2177
  Extinguisher toolkit pieman 3 2,887 31-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Last Post: pieman
  Self maintenance extinguisher Bob Transformer 18 14,594 11-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: AnthonyB

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)