Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
Ventcroft No Burn
We only use proper Prysmian  FP.

Draka Firetuf data is good cable for networking...... absolute woman to strip though!
As Mr C - you will spend double the time stripping it. Horrible
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
(12-03-2018, 05:51 PM)Graeme Wrote: As Mr C - you will spend double the time stripping it. Horrible
Have to agree with the general thread, Noburn is of poor quality and is generally used by inexperienced installers.
(13-03-2018, 08:54 AM)kevin hynes Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 05:51 PM)Graeme Wrote: As Mr C - you will spend double the time stripping it. Horrible
Have to agree with the general thread, Noburn is of poor quality and is generally used by inexperienced installers.

You have summed up this thread in one post.
The cheaper cables are usually bought by someone in an office to satisfy costings...   If you are installing yourself, you buy FP200.

No cable is better. The amount of times my wholesaler has tried to get me to buy some rolls of cheap crap they have piled up in the back amaze me..  If its not FP, it aint going in.

I was given a roll of cable by the manager of YESSS for free. I returned it, as it was just garbage. Inner cores retract over time and expose the copper.
(11-03-2018, 03:03 PM)Mr C Wrote: Makes you Wonder how it gets its approvals. We actually had the manufacturer onsite and they kind of admitted they had a dodgy batch and we may have got a couple hundred metres installed in these buildings...... but this was 3 buildings with a total of about 22 loops and they couldn’t understand why the customer was so concerned as they only may have some dodgy bleh !

I had them at me too - some guy from Liverpool and blamed the rollers they were using at the time but since were replaced. Got same thing again after. ADI was punting it cheap at the time and I refused anymore and went for FP even though it was more expensive. No Burn is cheap for a reason.
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
I used to fit clear silicon sleeving designed for FP, when doing mains spurs. Haven't seen any for sale for ages.
(14-03-2018, 10:48 AM)Tilly Wrote: I used to fit clear silicon sleeving designed for FP, when doing mains spurs. Haven't seen any for sale for ages.

ah yes the wee ferrules that used to get supplied when FP was a totally rigid and horrible cable to work with ?
Nope, not those ferrules. This was clear silicone tubing... in lengths of 2 mts a coil.