Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Sita 200 plus Short Circuit
Also, I can be upto three devices back from where panel shows which device is playing silly beggars.

… past experience.
Evening guys

Only got the go-ahead to go to this site this afternoon but was in the car without ladders so could only do a bit of messing at the panel.

The good news was the short circuit error was gone however it was replaced with "CIE interface open circuit output 5" - I did notice the fuse had blown on that output however nothing on the loop was working, the level 3 access code had been changed and the loop wouldnt initialise.

If I connect a laptop will I automatically get level 3 access or will it not let me in?

Anyone know?
normally you have to stop the loop and IIRC put it in the correct mode to download.
(10-05-2018, 03:04 PM)Leolion2177 Wrote: Afternoon chaps

Was just looking through next weeks jobs and I see a new one for a Sita 200 plus - I dont believe I have ever worked on these.
I've downloaded a manual but was looking for any experience if any of you have been on them?

Client has said that the panel is showing only a short circuit fault and that a previous service engineer said the whole system needed replacing after 30 seconds looking at the panel.  No obvious jokes needed lol

Anyone come across this more than once or is it a few hours with a multimeter as usual?

Thanks in advance

Morning Leolion,

I read your thread re: Sita 200+, I have recently taken over maintenance of one of these systems and was wondering where you downloaded the manual from as I can only get hold of a user manual which is of no use to an engineer. I am relatively new to this game so any help would be of great help.

Regards
(28-06-2018, 09:09 AM)Firemaster999 Wrote:

Was just looking through next weeks jobs and I see a new one for a Sita 200 plus - I dont believe I have ever worked on these.
I've downloaded a manual but was looking for any experience if any of you have been on them?

Client has said that the panel is showing only a short circuit fault and that a previous service engineer said the whole system needed replacing after 30 seconds looking at the panel.  No obvious jokes needed lol

Anyone come across this more than once or is it a few hours with a multimeter as usual?

Thanks in advance

Morning Leolion,

I read your thread re: Sita 200+, I have recently taken over maintenance of one of these systems and was wondering where you downloaded the manual from as I can only get hold of a user manual which is of no use to an engineer. I am relatively new to this game so any help would be of great help.

Regards
Hi Firemaster999 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ioq88znehetc1...-8cLa?dl=0
Link to the manuals on my dropbox
Pete
Peter Robinson

07889 038650

(28-06-2018, 03:33 PM)sparky999 Wrote:

Thanks in advance

Morning Leolion,

Regards
Hi Firemaster999 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ioq88znehetc1...-8cLa?dl=0
Link to the manuals on my dropbox
Pete

Afternoon Sparky999,

Thanks for your help it's much appreciated, I suppose I've got a little light reading ahead of me now. Biggrin
Hi mate

It seems Sparky beat me to it!
Would advise taking the manual with you when you go and if you can still get out of doing the job....... run away quite fast.

I had a nightmare of a takeover recently, did loads of maintenance over a few weeks, replaced a number of devices and had the system working 100 %. I was really pleased with myself lol

Called yesterday to replace a couple of optical chambers which worked fine and was 5 minutes away from leaving when I think it must have internally exploded.

Out of nowhere i got 2 x "aux input open circuit faults", 1 x device in fire and 3 x devices with high signal - all on zones that previously had zero problems and hadn't been touched.

Its my own fault, I should have known better - from now on i'm going to say Rafiki -no thanks!
I should also point out however that the customer support from Fike are first class though, patient and helpful
I used to commission these years ago, the software is a bit clunky but works OK.
If memory serves there is a separate bit of diagnostic software that help to find faults, early panels did not have find device on the front end like Gent but this feature is on the diagnostic software.
We have one of these on a newer site now so I'll keep an eye on its reliability.
I have to say though we have dozens of Fike and Rafiki legacy installs that give us no problems what so ever.
Bugger, I did isolate the dialer...didn't I?
Oops

Thanks in advance

Morning Leolion,

Regards

Why not ask a friendly local colleague? Biggrin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced loop card short circuit testing xenex100 60 23,560 06-03-2018, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Monkeh
  Gent Vigilon S4O2HSpSt Speech Circuit Failed Buggy 9 5,371 24-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Last Post: atherton1930
  Sita 200 Plus murphy21 4 2,238 27-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Last Post: tc(two cup)
  gent vigilon strobe circuit failed alonso 6 5,157 19-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Last Post: ukengineer
  Custom builds and short circuit isolators Chris M. 4 3,593 25-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Chris M.
  gent 3226 short or 470 ohm = fire alonso 5 5,703 01-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Last Post: AnthonyB
  Win a 16GB IPOD Nano by filling in our short survey on Apollo Interfaces wozzer38 14 7,479 16-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Last Post: wozzer38
  kentec 4100 open circuit fault 007 martinr 26 16,776 15-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Last Post: ESP
  open circuit fault Humphrey 47 54,230 21-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Last Post: KRPservices
  ID2000 short circuit roozbeh 12 8,382 21-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Last Post: KRPservices