Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Environmental & health and safety courses available to book
https://www.fia.uk.com/news/two-new-cour...eased.html

environmental and health and safety available to be booked  Party Party Party Party

Installation will be available to book soon as the courses are being scheduled for the back end of June
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
Bloody Hell Will - how did you manage to get Steven Hawkins to agree to do the voice overs for the you-tube films?
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
I have done that one lol and I passed (not sure how)
Gent 24 Integrator, Edwards EST 3 Strategic Partner, Siemens Technology Partner
lol glad you did
You can’t blame me I didn’t write it
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

I’ve looked at the course, and I have the book, speaking with others that have done them and both passed and failed, I will save my money until the FIA get it right, it’s too rushed and has content that’s not required just to fill it up, 90% of people have told me the people running the course have no idea what they are doing, rush through it and won’t answrr questions and refer them back to the FIA
Any opinions or comments i make, are my veiws and not that of my company or employer.

BAFE SP-201 accredited
LPS 1014 accredited

(13-05-2018, 09:12 AM)Garsec Wrote: I’ve looked at the course, and I have the book, speaking with others that have done them and both passed and failed, I will save my money until the FIA get it right, it’s too rushed and has content that’s not required just to fill it up, 90% of people have told me the people running the course have no idea what they are doing, rush through it and won’t answrr questions and refer them back to the FIA

The syllabus is freely available from the FIA AO website which lists everything thing the qualification covers.
I "FIA training" can't change this as it was set from asking the industry what a qualification should look like.
I "FIA training" do not know what the questions are as they have been written from the same syllabus
I will take issues with the people running the course have no idea what they are doing
if you want to give me names and details privately if you want i can look into it
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

Ive done this course last week and kind of understand now where all this confusion comes from and why people feel like its all irrelevant.

As Will said, there is a syllabus whit say 50 topics and then FIA creates a training around these topics highlighting the most important information and the guys writing the questions make them up based on these topics too. Now, do you guys realise that each topic is probably hundreds of pages of information or some regulations with many pages so FIA filters this down to few pages only but the guys who write questions they use all these 100 pages so thats why you reading these few pages feel like they are not relevant to the actual questions as they can't cover it all with great details as their book won't be 50 pages anymore but 500. And Will does a great job keep reminding us that all these questions come off of the syllabus and their training comes off it too so they dont feel like they are teaching you wrong stuff (go in greater detail yourself if you wanted to as you know what the syllabus is beforehand) and thats why we all feel like the training is bad.
With the Foundation course I had the chance to read the book and it was only my fault i did't go through it the night before and had 75% only (75 was the pass rate at that time) but this course had same amount of new information and within first hour of the training I realised that I wont remember most of it anyway and it would be wild guessing and it was. So at least I booked my holiday flight tickets at that time (not joking). On the test i felt exactly like I though I would - it felt like ive never heard most of these questions during the course and I was probably wrong but couldn't remember some BS numbers etc. I can bet you that if you get someone off of the street and tell him BS5839-1 covers fire alarms then you talk non stop to him for next few hours tons of other numbers and regulations which is all new and at the end you ask him was it 5838-1 or 5839-1, he won't remember so i didnt remember the suppression systems BS number too. Then there was these questions like which agency would you notify in Belfast or Cardiff installation. Well...im a foreigner and don't necessarily know in which countries these cities are so won't know which agency to notify. The guys said yes but thats capitals you should know it like you know London...ok then, as most of these regulations come off of European standarts, how would you feel if next time they ask you something like - can company ABC install and certify suppression system in Kiev or Norway? Now you have to know where these are and wether in European union or not so you can answer correctly. Im sure there must be other ways to test your knowledge without testing my knowledge on capitals and countries.

As for the guys doing the training....we all agreed that he simply reads out everything what is in the book so i can't blame him and can't call this incompetence.

FIA is doing their best to get to know what the questions are so they can adjust their training around that but that takes time as they dont really know what they are.
Forgot to mention that my wild guessing got me 65% with minimum pass 40%.
Will - am i right in sayying a current ecs card negates the need for the health and safety module? But i would still have to do the environmental course?
(14-05-2018, 08:24 AM)alonso Wrote: Will - am i right in sayying a current ecs card negates the need for the health and safety module? But i would still have to do the environmental course?

correct
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollo CPD Certified Seminars in December & January - Book Now! wozzer38 7 1,115 28-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: wozzer38
  Advice needed for fire alarm/cctv/intruder alarm courses lknights1987 21 14,379 31-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Last Post: psuedonym
  E-learning courses now available Ghostrider 10 4,982 14-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Ghostrider
  need securiton training courses djole9904 3 5,466 11-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Last Post: bob1
  Fia courses Jamieblatant 14 8,463 11-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bob1
  Upcoming electrical short courses/exams available now admin 0 1,953 14-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Last Post: admin
  C-TEC Training Courses admin 0 3,109 30-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Last Post: admin