Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic Devices
I’m sure this has been covered before but why is it acceptable for devices to be made out of no-fire resistant materials? I.e plastic relay modules, callpoints, etc when everything else must be fire resistant?

tia
In a word yes
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
lol lol
Idea is that the device has gone into fire before it fails and melts, cable and connection integrity should last 30 mins to ensure a continuous alarm period tomalert occupants
http://awacsuk.com

advanced warning and communicated systems
installation...integration...innovation....

any comments or views posted are mine and I'm keeping them.
My gripe is that we have to now install metal clad consumer units but the DNO service head is still plastic and we have been removing metal clad units over the past few years.
As the people above keep saying, customers spend money, we have work and the economy goes round.....
http://awacsuk.com

advanced warning and communicated systems
installation...integration...innovation....

any comments or views posted are mine and I'm keeping them.
(04-12-2018, 02:32 PM)douglas docherty Wrote: As the people above keep saying, customers spend money, we have work and the economy goes round.....

It will keep going around in circles but we are the one`s that gain the work and keeps the money rolling in :)
Peter Robinson

07889 038650

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fitting a new panel to old devices creating a non-conformance alonso 4 1,649 21-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Last Post: designguru
  Hold-open devices - standby batteries? rtfm 13 5,443 07-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: sparky999
  Visual Alarm Devices VAD's Will Lloyd 31 23,676 14-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Last Post: MD Martin
  compatibility and validation of software and devices ESP 2 2,233 25-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: wozzer38