Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random fault
Hi all

I have a c-Tec 2 loop panel with a sprinkler system connected via an xp95 intelligent input unit.
It has started to go into fault at random times for a short period, then the fault clears its self.
I have checked the 20k eol, all good, I have changed the io unit, checked the cable, all good.
Any ideas?
I'm not the messiah,i'm a very naughty boy!!!
Sprinkler panel? Could be going into fault.
Whistle Admit to nothing, deny everythingWhistle
I disconnected the cable from the sprinkler with the eol in a connector, still went into fault.
Eol in the terminals direct? Could be the cable itself,, depends if we're talking of 1m or 100m of course.

This is the sprinkler panel, I have put the 20k eol in the i/o unit to see if I still get a fault. Temporary.
The cable is about 30 mtrs.
Could be pressure drop on the sprinklers I had that on one site where the mains pressure kept dropping so programmed a timer in the programme to activate after 10 seconds
Peter Robinson

07889 038650

They have fitted a timer delay in the sprinkler panel, I still get a fault when the sprinkler panel is not connected.
(30-05-2019, 09:28 PM)tc(two cup) Wrote: This is the sprinkler panel, I have put the 20k eol in the i/o unit to see if I still get a fault. Temporary.
The cable is about 30 mtrs.

That’s no sprinkler panel.....:it’s an elmdene PSU not even an EN54 one either.

So does the fault still happen with EOL in the i/o with external cabling connected??
By sprinkler panel, I meant that’s what was installed. By the sprinkler company.
I’ll find out tomorrow if any faults when I check the log, sometimes the fault appears after 20 mins, 30 mins, 1hr ish or even up to 3hrs.
(30-05-2019, 07:21 PM)tc(two cup) Wrote: Hi all

I have a c-Tec 2 loop panel with a sprinkler system connected via an xp95 intelligent input unit.
It has started to go into fault at random times for a short period, then the fault clears its self.
I have checked the 20k eol, all good, I have changed the io unit, checked the cable, all good.
Any ideas?

Isolate any possible ground loop, the earth wire in the sprinkler panel From the c-etc can be put into its own connector block to do this.
Bugger, I did isolate the dialer...didn't I?
Oops

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fault Output. Propane 15 5,924 30-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Propane
  I Think I Know What Caused the Earth Fault! martinh1234 10 5,671 03-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Monkeh
  nexus sdr fault redstar 2 2,097 06-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Last Post: redstar
  Autrosafe Loop Fault CourageET 6 6,529 16-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Last Post: sacred