Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineers are like gold dust
Recruitment agencies have literally got you by the balls havent they?

Can anyone recommend a agency or are you able to manage recruitment in house? I'm put off as I've met so many guys who 'boast' that they have quit a job they've been in for a short while as their recruiter called them up offering them a different job with an extra £3k a year.

Just not sure what way to go at the moment
I begrudge using recruitment agencies to be honest.

We have had success in the past with getting guys in for a project and then doing a deal with the agency to take them off their hands. We have only done this with a small local agency and they only charged us £500 I think off the top of my head.

Best advice is to look after your current guys and avoid lads from an FM company as they will always see the £££ in my opinion.
I really dont want to use an agency but I cant see many other options at the moment

Thanks
Paul Facebook is a good place to post jobs on
Peter Robinson

07889 038650

SRS used to be good, as did Hays. uf they got you a job they left you alone.

indeed etc keep calling me to offer a part time contract with a company I have a full time contract with, company car, pension with a relative easy life and wonder why I'm not interested
Have you tried speaking to any local technical colleges and considered having an apprentice or an improver?
Any views and opinions are my own and not that of my employer...

...there also generally rubbish and should probably be ignored
We already have an improver and need more skilled labour at the moment.

I think we did post in Facebook but will double check

Thanks
(16-07-2019, 07:24 PM)Paul Lander Wrote: We already have an improver and need more skilled labour at the moment.

I think we did post in Facebook but will double check

Thanks

I could do with a job but you are too far away :)
Peter Robinson

07889 038650

I used to get calls from them saying they have heard good things about me from various People but wouldn't say who.

Usual bull sales script they all follow
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
I'm still trying to find a good Technician, I've tried Indeed which is free, Facebook and Linked in but had very little success. As a small company we just can't afford the 
commission to these recruitment agencies.

We had a good trainee who was doing really good and was learning well from all of us on fire safety requirements for over a year and a half but now wants to go back to shift work
due to child care costs, I find it better to get a semi skilled employee and train to the standards we would like to see delivered to our customers and at the same time give the right person a chance at a whole new career.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commissioning/Project Engineers/Supervisors/Managers pedropony2405 1 1,831 11-08-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: pedropony2405
  Service Engineers - London & South East designguru 0 1,226 06-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Last Post: designguru
  Project Managers & Commissioning Engineers designguru 1 1,797 11-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Last Post: douglas docherty
  Chubb Commissioning Engineers & Project Engineers designguru 8 4,454 17-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Last Post: designguru
  Chubb service engineers job North London, central England Tilly 0 1,494 14-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Tilly
  Fire Alarm Installation Engineers Triple_Star_Fire 0 1,744 22-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Triple_Star_Fire
  Fire Alarm Engineers - London firepersonnel 0 1,557 07-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Last Post: firepersonnel
  Fire Alarm Engineers Wanted - M5/ Central Midlands Corridor Flexforce 0 1,933 10-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Flexforce
  ENGINEERS WANTED Lexicon Fire 7 5,812 25-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Graeme
Toungue Where have all the good engineers gone?? pfc_0397 21 19,000 01-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Ian Warrick