Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand new Ofqual approved level 3 exam
Ofqual have just approved the new level 3 BS5839-1:2017 exam from EAL.
This was created to enable time served mature alarm engineers who have training and experience to be able to take a recognised exam. For trainees new to fire systems or candidates who require training there is training available or contact your trade association and do their training.
The exam does not exclude your training from any of the many trade associations as long as it covers the latest BS5839-1:2017. The exam is approved by IFEDA, BFC and FSA/ECA.

See http://www.zzeus.org.uk for details
Chairman of the FSA 
All my opinions are my own. I speak my own mind.  
Is it open book?
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
The examination condition is that candidates must have completed 40 hours of training prior to the exam that meets the requirements. So will need to cover all sections of the standard.
Then the exam will be along the lines of the 18th Edition wiring refs and will allow reference document if BS5839-1:2017 in the exam.
Chairman of the FSA 
(19-07-2019, 03:09 PM)Diver233 Wrote: The examination condition is that candidates must have completed 40 hours of training prior to the exam that meets the requirements. So will need to cover all sections of the standard.
Then the exam will be along the lines of the 18th Edition wiring refs and will allow reference  document if BS5839-1:2017 in the exam.

So that's a yes then  Biggrin

Are you supplying a copy of BS 5839-1:2017 to use in the exam? or does the candidate need to provide their own copy?

what about if you have a BSI Online Standards Library subscription from a well know trade association in the electrotechnical world which is online access only.  Can I have my tablet/laptop in the exam with my electronic copy of BS 5839-1:2017?

Just asking for a friend  Biggrin
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
Hi Will, I cannot day what other centres will do, but my centre will have clean copies for people to use.

No internet enabled devices will be allowed in any exam.
Chairman of the FSA 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EAL Level 3 Award in the Requirements of Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems Diver233 0 165 03-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Diver233