Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help with a Minerva MZX-250
Question 
Hello,
Just to give a bit of background, I manage a Scout Group based in South Gloucestershire and we are lucky enough to own our scout hut (10 years old).
We have recently been donated a Minerva MZX-250 panel together with numerous detectors (830OPH), sounders (LPSB3000) and call points (CP820) - the system was removed from a relocated company.
As an ex-electrician, I am more than happy to install this panel (together with the help of a professional company to test it!).
However I am no longer in the 'trade' and would like some general information on setup.
I am looking to have 3 zones (main hall is 15m x 8m) and then a zone for the kitchen area and then a zone for the other rooms.
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards
Giles Ogram
1st Winterbourne Down & Buryside Scout Group
http://www.winterbournedownscouts.co.uk
(12-08-2019, 08:49 AM)Giles Ogram Wrote: Hello,
Just to give a bit of background, I manage a Scout Group based in South Gloucestershire and we are lucky enough to own our scout hut (10 years old).
We have recently been donated a Minerva MZX-250 panel together with numerous detectors (830OPH), sounders (LPSB3000) and call points (CP820) - the system was removed from a relocated company.
As an ex-electrician, I am more than happy to install this panel (together with the help of a professional company to test it!).
However I am no longer in the 'trade' and would like some general information on setup.
I am looking to have 3 zones (main hall is 15m x 8m) and then a zone for the kitchen area and then a zone for the other rooms.

Regards
Giles Ogram

Hi

The biggest problem you will have is finding somebody with the software as its an ADT/Tyco system. There are a few people around other than ADT/Tyco that may be able to help you but you will be limited.

You don't really need an addressable system for a building that size, your best bet maybe to flog that lot and put the money towards a conventional panel and devices. 

I should be taking out a Haes conventional panel soon, its a bit big for what you need (16 zones I think) and it is about 10 years old, so not ideal, but it would be a better bet than what you have got. It will also be free to a good home.

Or hopefully somebody else on here may be removing something that maybe better for you. 

You will just need to find some conventional devices, Apollo S65 are cheap enough online or speak to Martin on here
If you decide to follow Mr Cs advice we will be happy to quote and supply you with what you need.

Martin.
Martin Wison
KGM Fire and Security Distribution Ltd.
Rochester, Kent.
01634 716882
http://www.kgmfireandsecurity.co.uk
(12-08-2019, 10:41 AM)Mr C Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 08:49 AM)Giles Ogram Wrote: Hello,

Regards
Giles Ogram

Hi

The biggest problem you will have is finding somebody with the software as its an ADT/Tyco system. There are a few people around other than ADT/Tyco that may be able to help you but you will be limited.

You don't really need an addressable system for a building that size, your best bet maybe to flog that lot and put the money towards a conventional panel and devices. 

I should be taking out a Haes conventional panel soon, its a bit big for what you need (16 zones I think) and it is about 10 years old, so not ideal, but it would be a better bet than what you have got. It will also be free to a good home.

Or hopefully somebody else on here may be removing something that maybe better for you. 

You will just need to find some conventional devices, Apollo S65 are cheap enough online or speak to Martin on here

Hello Mr C,
Many thanks for the information offered.
Looking at the specs of the unit we have, moving to a smaller unit would better as you say.
Thank you for the offer of a Haes unit too. Would be happy to help re-locate it!
Please feel free to PM me if needed.

Regards
Giles
(12-08-2019, 11:36 AM)MD Martin Wrote: If you decide to follow Mr Cs advice we will be happy to quote and supply you with what you need.

Martin.

Hello Martin,
Many thanks for the information.
I will have a look at the items needed and will get in contact.

Regard
Giles
How old is the mzx panel you have? Can you show a pic of the inside of the panel? Sounds like it’s the addressable system so you’d want to wire it as a loop.

Depending on the age it can be made open protocol for you to use. If you don’t want to use that system then you would want to sell that kit and get a little single loop ctec xfp with xp95 heads. Cost wise the xfp is close to a conventional panel of similar size.
*Hits call point*... "we are on test aren't we?"... Whoops 
As harry said, biggest pain will be the software.

If there is a USB port on the CPU (the smaller board that sits on the larger back board) you might be in luck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Minerva Mx 4000 Help Required! AP_Mx 4 731 07-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Last Post: AWOLB7
  Tyco Minerva MX - Turn off RSM? aeg 1 615 04-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Last Post: mark_man20
  adt minerva acpm 125-065-821 manual alonso 1 787 24-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Kibeth
  MINERVA MX4000 sweetynkem 11 6,169 11-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Last Post: AWOLB7
  ADT Minerva 80 Safetech 1 1,850 07-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Last Post: bob1