Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stairwell zones
Morley networks are generally solid too although their networking is obviously much less useful from an engineering POV than advanced.

I'm not really sure of the technical difficulties of sharing zones across the network . I assume there are some and it's not just to prevent daft engineers from setting up a large network with a zone 1 on every panel?
(29-09-2019, 12:25 PM)Monkeh Wrote: Morley networks are generally solid too although their networking is obviously much less useful from an engineering POV than advanced.

I'm not really sure of the technical difficulties of sharing zones across the network . I assume there are some and it's not just to prevent daft engineers from setting up a large network with a zone 1 on every panel?

I think you are right as most panels default zone is zone one
Peter Robinson

07889 038650

(28-09-2019, 11:28 PM)Mr C Wrote:
(28-09-2019, 12:45 AM)Clarkie Wrote: Advanced is a real pain in the ass for this,  but the only way to do it properly is to have a panel/Loop that does vertical zones.  2 staircases of 40 floors is a pain in the ass!

If it’s a system change you have little option but to go with ,108,208,308 as I have done similar in the past also.

Personally I would prefer not being able to share zones but have a solid and reliable network than being able to share zones but have a network that is slow to respond or has loads of regular faults.

The not sharing zones thing I believe is one of the reasons why the advanced network is so solid

Exactly, but it still doesn’t take away the fact that it’s a pain in the ass!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  detection above stairwell practicalities Tvmender 9 7,931 14-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Last Post: AnthonyB
  Detection Zones Across Network? martinh1234 52 44,319 13-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bob1