Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced mxpro 4 intermittent open circuit
Hi,

I'm having an issue with intermittent open circuit fault (Apollo protocol). Panel has 38 devices, I've tried disconnecting both ends of the loop at then panel, and doing an auto learn but no missing devices. No isolater lights on any sounders.

It clears for 1-4 hours but the fault occurs randomly at any time of day, when the building is empty, during the day any time.

Anyone else had this issue? Or any help on what could be the issue?

I've replaced a faulty interface and sounder base before on this job which cleared the fault 3 weeks ago but no the same fault again. New system installed 2 years ago.

Thanks
(07-10-2019, 09:53 PM)jordanjor Wrote: Hi,

I'm having an issue with intermittent open circuit fault (Apollo protocol). Panel has 38 devices, I've tried disconnecting both ends of the loop at then panel, and doing an auto learn but no missing devices. No isolater lights on any sounders.

It clears for 1-4 hours but the fault occurs randomly at any time of day, when the building is empty, during the day any time.

Anyone else had this issue? Or any help on what could be the issue?

I've replaced a faulty interface and sounder base before on this job which cleared the fault 3 weeks ago but no the same fault again. New system installed 2 years ago.

Thanks

Old style KAC call points?? Pugs drop off the back of them.

Or disconnect one leg in the panel, link out so you don’t have an open loop fault. Then when it goes open circuit you will have missing devices in the log. Make sure log mode standard plus
No new style Apollo call points all of them
(07-10-2019, 10:17 PM)jordanjor Wrote: No new style Apollo call points all of them

Run it as a radial then and see what goes missing is probably easiest way to find it then
Water damage or loose connection I’m guessing
The problem with advanced is an open circuit fault will appear immediately but device faults will take a minute.
I had this in a building with a big loop, a lot of it at lifter height. 
In the end every device had to be checked and it turned out the problem was a slightly loose connection that was causing the fault due to slight building vibrations . 
Because of the timing difference between loop /device faults, sometimes the only way to fix it is to check every head.
had very hard to find O/C faults before - as mentioned make loop a radial and bridge over in panel - put panel into higher diagnostics mode and then check if anything went device missing.

My causes were Sonos wall sounder bases , water into external sounders , cable fault , dodgy SCI , bad connection in any device
All posts are of my own opinion and knowledge and do not reflect the views of the Company I work for.
Thanks tried the radial and linked across and so far no fault, swapped over the in/out legs and still clear.

I suspect a loose connection somewhere, site has fire shutters, external soundest etc all to be checked out of hours
I'd look at the outside stuff first to check for water damage.
Martin Wison
KGM Fire and Security Distribution Ltd.
Rochester, Kent.
01634 716882
http://www.kgmfireandsecurity.co.uk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EM Vents - Advanced MxPro5 Next4467 7 637 29-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Next4467
  CEL Discovery - Intermittent Double Address Faults Triple 4 517 28-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Tilly
  Advanced disablement via keyswitch input alonso 2 349 30-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Mr C
  Sita 200 plus Short Circuit Leolion2177 27 5,683 11-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Last Post: murphy21
  Advanced call point delays Bero 2 462 11-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Last Post: sparky999
  Advanced C&E Senator 10 1,418 15-04-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Senator
  ems and advanced Advel Tech Support alonso 14 1,502 06-03-2019, 12:55 AM
Last Post: dubfireengineer
  Output short circuit fault dcarney 8 1,243 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Allen Higginson
  Discovery open area sounder compatibly dimension panel Bero 3 1,123 02-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Last Post: smokebuster
  High resistance loop advanced mx pro 5 dcarney 18 5,737 05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Monkeh