Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vesda filter e-vep
does anyone know (as vesda tech. aren't answering the phone) what faults are generated when filters are dirty/removed on e-vep?

for dirty filters?

and for filters removed?

is it an alert? action? minor fault? major fault?

i couldn't get a vesda e-vep to go into fault yesterday with a dirty filter nor when i removed the filter to replace it. i had programmed relay 3 to operate on action & alert & minor fault & major fault yet the vesda would not send a fault to the main panel. i have zero confidence in the installing company and presume they have not wired fault monitoring correctly but need to find out for sure what faults are created by dirty filters and missing filters so i can check it for definite....
(26-03-2020, 04:40 PM)You alonso Wrote: does anyone know (as vesda tech. aren't answering the phone) what faults are generated when filters are dirty/removed on e-vep?

for dirty filters?

and for filters removed?

i couldn't get a vesda e-vep to go into fault yesterday with a dirty filter nor when i removed the filter to replace it. i had programmed relay 3 to operate on action & alert & minor fault & major fault yet the vesda would not send a fault to the main panel. i have zero confidence in the installing company and presume they have not wired fault monitoring correctly but need to find out for sure what faults are created by dirty filters and missing filters so i can check it for definite....

Filter faults will operate the fault contacts
The VEP filters are better monitored than the old ones and do go to fault when contaminated etc.

Also the panel knows if you refit the old filter or a new so you don’t have to reset them manually

Remove the filter and it will power down then power up when filter replaced. When you say you had a dirty filter how did you know it was?!!

There are many out there who think they can do VESDA......if they can’t get the relays wired up I would hate to think what the air flows are like!
Thamks mr c. Minor or major fault?
(27-03-2020, 01:15 AM)Mr C Wrote:
(26-03-2020, 04:40 PM)You alonso Wrote: does anyone know (as vesda tech. aren't answering the phone) what faults are generated when filters are dirty/removed on e-vep?

for dirty filters?

and for filters removed?

Filter faults will operate the fault contacts
The VEP filters are better monitored than the old ones and do go to fault when contaminated etc.

Also the panel knows if you refit the old filter or a new so you don’t have to reset them manually

Remove the filter and it will power down then power up when filter replaced. When you say you had a dirty filter how did you know it was?!!

Vesda showed a yellow light on the touchscreen saying filter was nearing end of life

There are many out there who think they can do VESDA......if they can’t get the relays wired up I would hate to think what the air flows are like!
The Vesda-E Filters operate in the same way as the old filters. When they approach their capacity, they will raise a minor fault condition. When they are fully contaminated they will raise a major fault condition. 

The best way to catch all faults is to program Relay 3 (Major Fault & Cannot be changed) to also operate on a Minor fault and an Isolate condition. ANY fault or isolation will then operate relay 3. Relay 3 is also normally energised by default so will drop out on power failure.

The differences between the new and old filters is that the new filters have an onboard chip with a serial number. The detector reads the serial number on power up / filter insertion and knows when a new filter has been inserted.

Removing the filter should cause a 'Filter Removed Fault'. When the service interval is reached, the filter should raise a filter service fault.

When the filter is removed, the aspirator will power down and the detector will enter 'sleep mode' to prevent dust entering the laser chamber.

If you can log in to the detector, it will provide full status of the filter condition.
(27-03-2020, 02:33 PM)Gaaaazzzzaaaa Wrote: The Vesda-E Filters operate in the same way as the old filters. When they approach their capacity, they will raise a minor fault condition. When they are fully contaminated they will raise a major fault condition. 

The best way to catch all faults is to program Relay 3 (Major Fault & Cannot be changed) to also operate on a Minor fault and an Isolate condition. ANY fault or isolation will then operate relay 3. Relay 3 is also normally energised by default so will drop out on power failure.

The differences between the new and old filters is that the new filters have an onboard chip with a serial number. The detector reads the serial number on power up / filter insertion and knows when a new filter has been inserted.

Removing the filter should cause a 'Filter Removed Fault'. When the service interval is reached, the filter should raise a filter service fault.

When the filter is removed, the aspirator will power down and the detector will enter 'sleep mode' to prevent dust entering the laser chamber.

If you can log in to the detector, it will provide full status of the filter condition.
Thanks all

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vesda question alonso 4 739 12-02-2020, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Mr C
  VESDA Maximum Height Messy 4 836 06-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Last Post: zenengineering
  VESDA VLP Error AWOLB7 9 4,155 12-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Last Post: AWOLB7
  VESDA HLI Lead AWOLB7 7 3,003 12-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Last Post: AWOLB7
  low output vesda fault from vesda panel sammyunique 10 9,497 22-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Last Post: SergeTL
  Smoke Exiting VESDA Sampling Point Buggy 10 6,665 24-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Big Smoke
  vesda airflow alonso 15 10,391 10-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Monkeh
  new vesda. northernmonkey 1 2,207 26-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Last Post: douglas docherty
  Vesda Smoke Tresholds clarkson 6 5,820 20-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Jones
  Vesda clarkson 5 6,476 11-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Last Post: MW63