Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic Fire Alarms - Inspection Certificate
Evening fellas.

We are acquiring quite a few assisted living sites. A lot of them are bungalows, small houses and at the moment we don't have a form for testing mains smoke alarms in the properties. I haven't been able to find any model certificates online, probably not going to as I can't even find any proper guidance on maintenance in the regs! So I am drafting up a test and inspection report to how I think we should checking them on an annual basis. This is what I have come up with so far:

Test & Inspection Report for Domestic Fire Alarms
BS 5839-6 2019

Section A : Visual Inspection:
1. The logbook has been checked and any outstanding defects have been resolved
2. We have verified the site have not experienced any persistent false alarms
3. The building occupier and their staff are trained on suitable testing and operating procedures
4. The premises have been inspected and verified that the structure or occupancy have not changed
5. All smoke, heat and Co2 alarms are correctly sited and are not obstructed
6. All smoke, heat and Co2 alarms are clean and in good condition
7. All smoke, heat and Co2 alarms replacement date labels are legible and have not been exceeded

Section B : Functional Tests:
8. All smoke, heat and Co2 alarms have been tested and confirmed for correct operation
9. All interlinks and relay outputs (if fitted) have been tested and confirmed for correct operation
10. All control switches (silence, test & identify functions if fitted) confirmed for correct operation

Section C : Engineer Comments
(In case any issues are found and further detail can be given)

Section D : Declaration
I/We being the competent person(s) responsible (as indicated by my/our signatures below) for the test and inspection of the fire alarms at the above address, confirm all devices (unless stated in the engineers comments section) have been tested for satisfactory operation and inspected in accordance with the recommendations of 24.2 of BS 5839-6:2019, except for the variations, if any, stated on this document.

Engineer prints and signs the document.

Whats your opinion guys? anything you think I should add, change or remove?

TIA
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...   24

You know there is a model certificate for servicing all grades in the new 2019 edition
Plus an annex of what should be done for each grade plus a table with the frequency of service?

The certificate is on my work laptop somewhere as it was my design that got accepted in the new revision
I’ll post it up tomorrow
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
(19-07-2020, 04:56 PM)Will Lloyd Wrote: You know there is a model certificate for servicing all grades in the new 2019 edition
Plus an annex of what should be done for each grade plus a table with the frequency of service?

The certificate is on my work laptop somewhere as it was my design that got accepted in the new revision
I’ll post it up tomorrow

I had no idea Will, it was a few months ago when I was searching for it. I did see a servicing cert in part 6 but I thought that was only applicable to Grade A systems. The only model certificates I thought I had found were for installation and commissioning on grades C, D and F. 

If you could post your cert up that would be brilliant. Thank you.

Just found it on Page 85 in the 2019 edition. How the hell did i miss that??  Scrt 
That's properly annoyed me has that haha

(19-07-2020, 05:08 PM)Dan Wrote: Just found it on Page 85 in the 2019 edition. How the hell did i miss that??  Scrt 
That's properly annoyed me has that haha

RTFS

I work my fingers to the bone, slaving for hours and hours to write these standards enduring the bad coffee. 

and you don't notice some of my best work lol  Huh

as i said yesterday it was my idea and design so feel free to use this

.docx   BS5839-6 2019 Servicing Certificate.docx (Size: 35.86 KB / Downloads: 49)
www.fia.uk.com

Technical Manager FIA

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of FIA
Brilliant. Thanks Will

Co2 alarms ?

Interesting.... Is CO2 a risk these days in most premises that don't specifically have CO2 in them?

I'd probably go with a CO alarm :)
(21-07-2020, 08:47 AM)firemonkey Wrote: Co2 alarms ?

Interesting.... Is CO2 a risk these days in most premises that don't specifically have CO2 in them?

I'd probably go with a CO alarm :)

For f.. sake  Go

Next question is how do you delete a thread to save yourself from embarrassment?? Haha

(21-07-2020, 09:49 AM)Dan Wrote: For f.. sake  Go

Next question is how do you delete a thread to save yourself from embarrassment?? Haha
Tongue
Anyone have the latest part 6 2019 ??   Wink2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire risk assessments and rented houses alonso 9 534 31-07-2020, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Shaunyboy1905
  URN for fire signallling alonso 2 561 10-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: luggsey
  Fire Escape doors with a lock. Chris12345 3 479 12-03-2020, 09:12 PM
Last Post: AnthonyB
  fire signalling questions alonso 12 1,570 21-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Monkeh
  Special inspection rtfm 25 2,733 04-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Ghostrider
  Fire alarm maintenance and sprinklers rtfm 1 531 22-01-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Monkeh
  risk assessment AFTER fire alarm systems split alonso 3 1,396 22-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Marian Prala
  Cable requirements for fire alarm outputs Dan 9 1,429 19-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Graeme
  Daily inspection leighton1471 3 1,026 08-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Last Post: John
  MCP's in a garage inspection pit alonso 11 2,779 28-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Tilly