Thread Rating:
  • 61 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Use of PA system for Evacuation
Hi all,

I have a question about the use of PA systems for Evacuation alarms.

Here in South Africa we have to comply with a standard (SANS 10139) that is almost a copy of BS 5839. There it says that all Fire Installation (including evacuation) should be done with PH30 or/and PH120 cables.
Still, many companies install PA systems linked with Evacuation systems using normal copper cable and/or fiber optics.

What is the situation in GB? Do you all install PH30/120? How popular is it to use PA for Evac?

Thank you!
I have just done in installation in London using an Addressable fire system with no sounders but an AVAC voice alarm panel network linked to the fire alarm system but everything is run in FP200 Gold. I tend to use FP200 Gold for anything connecting to or associated with a fire alarm.
(07-10-2011, 02:38 PM)BANS Intruder and Fire Systems Wrote: I have just done in installation in London using an Addressable fire system with no sounders but an AVAC voice alarm panel network linked to the fire alarm system but everything is run in FP200 Gold. I tend to use FP200 Gold for anything connecting to or associated with a fire alarm.

Good day , my name is francis, any ideal with mx4000 fire alarm addressable panel?

I have a fire alarm panel MINERVA MX-4000 which is giving me issues , am requesting for installation manual for Mx4000. kindly help me out i will be glad.

The issue with the panel is that the sounder always goes on without a fault or fire even if i reset the panel , please anyone with better solution on the Mx4000 panel.