Thread Rating:
  • 90 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Redcare to Vigilon V3+
Hi All.

I have a client who wishes to link redcare to a vig panel. i have advised that the redcare requires it's own 24v psu and batteries and interface etc, however he is now saying that his client does not want to do this. The panel is flush mounted into marble, they want to put the redcare inside the vig panel and wants to know is there a 24volt aux and a fault relay. This isn't a suitable solution is it? UndecidedHuh

Advice welcome, cheers.
There is a fire and fault relay as per most panels, make sure they are programmed correctly. There is no 24 volt supplly from the panel, and DO NOT take a supply from the batteries as it will damage them and cause unbalanced charging. You can mount the unit inside the panel, but will require a seperate 24 volt supply to feed the unit, and a monitored fault contact from the psu as well.
http://awacsuk.com

advanced warning and communicated systems
installation...integration...innovation....

any comments or views posted are mine and I'm keeping them.
4 way interface would be my prefered meathod, 2 outputs, one for fire, one for fault, 1 input for your stu fault, and a spare i/o for future use.
Any opinions or comments i make, are my veiws and not that of my company or employer.

BAFE SP-201 accredited
LPS 1014 accredited

I believe that the redcare signal should be triggered from the panel directly, and not a loop interface. As a loop fault on 1 loop could prevent the signal to the redcare being triggered (correct me if im wrong).
no you are correct, it was an option if the comms are a the other end of the building for example, you would still need an interface for the fault input though.
i have a couple setup like this, most are of relays 1 + 2, but its an option that i have used a few times, if the loop stops the panel will show fault anyway and should be reported, likewise the comms having a line fault renders it useless anyway unless its on dual path.
if the loop stops the devices will not fire anyway ?

not having a pop, just trying to justify my reasons ............. friends ? (not much scares me, but a monkey in a suit reading a paper does lol)
Any opinions or comments i make, are my veiws and not that of my company or employer.

BAFE SP-201 accredited
LPS 1014 accredited

Also, you cannot directly program a loop interface channel to activate on fault state. You need to trigger the channel via a command build activated by an interface that's monitors the panels fault contact...
IFE Registered Fire Risk Assessor
Fire Alarm; EVC; Extinguishing
Access; CCTV

www.ardent-fs.uk
(25-11-2011, 10:31 PM)Ghostrider Wrote: Also, you cannot directly program a loop interface channel to activate on fault state. You need to trigger the channel via a command build activated by an interface that's monitors the panels fault contact...

Are saying that you need a loop input wired through the fault contact, and then write c and e to switch a loop output.

Seems like a lot of aggro to achieve something so simple!
sounds like it ? not done much with command builds or sectors ect, maily maintenace and faults played with the relays on the main panel though, always remember to do a back up after making changes lol, i learnt the hard way

BAFE SP-201 accredited
LPS 1014 accredited

(25-11-2011, 10:37 PM)DPGB Wrote:
(25-11-2011, 10:31 PM)Ghostrider Wrote: Also, you cannot directly program a loop interface channel to activate on fault state. You need to trigger the channel via a command build activated by an interface that's monitors the panels fault contact...

Are saying that you need a loop input wired through the fault contact, and then write c and e to switch a loop output.

Seems like a lot of aggro to achieve something so simple!

Exactamundo...

I have a site that the landlord needs to know when the tenant system is in fault, fire or flow switch active. LL interface is at the back of the shop, tenant panel is at the front. It's the only way to do it dude (without hard cabling to the panel).
IFE Registered Fire Risk Assessor
Fire Alarm; EVC; Extinguishing
Access; CCTV

www.ardent-fs.uk