Thread Rating:
  • 73 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
New Apollo Call Point
(13-09-2016, 12:10 PM)wozzer38 Wrote: They are backwardly compatible....they have an additional switch on the device that switches between XP95 or Discovery. What did you change from? Did you still have a fault on the system even after using the 10th bit of the DIL switch?

It should change over from KAC to the Apollo version yes.

Wozzer38 Apollo Tech

It was set to xp95, addressed correctly and the panel wasnt having any of it.

Colt said he thought there was an issue and the panel software might need updating, which seems to make a mockery of backwards compatability.

Also which ever one of the girls i spoke to at KGM, said she has had a few reports of this backwards compatabilty lark not working correctly.

(hope you do not mind me mentioning this Martin).

Ebay tat worked first time.
Adi Bosworth
ADI Security Solutions
Fire and intruder detection
http://www.adisecuritysolutions.co.uk
(15-09-2016, 09:05 PM)Adi Wrote:
(13-09-2016, 12:10 PM)wozzer38 Wrote: They are backwardly compatible....they have an additional switch on the device that switches between XP95 or Discovery. What did you change from? Did you still have a fault on the system even after using the 10th bit of the DIL switch?

It should change over from KAC to the Apollo version yes.

Wozzer38 Apollo Tech

It was set to xp95, addressed correctly and the panel wasnt having any of it.

Colt said he thought there was an issue and the panel software might need updating, which seems to make a mockery of backwards compatability.

Also which ever one of the girls i spoke to at KGM, said she has had a few reports of this backwards compatabilty lark not working correctly.

(hope you do not mind me mentioning this Martin).

Ebay tat worked first time.

What panel was it on ???
A Colt panel? seriously....those panels were never up to date anyway....I had to go to the olympic village before London 2012 to sort out Colt systems because they were not up to scratch.....we have had zero reports of compatibility being an issue other than people not selecting the correct switches....they are certainly compatible with all the mainline addressable fire control panels.
Wozzer38 Apollo Tech

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Functional testing of Apollo detectors wozzer38 0 2,283 05-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Last Post: wozzer38
  Apollo Technical & Product guides douglas docherty 0 3,095 12-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Last Post: douglas docherty